Grant of the Ministry of Education and Science of Russia and Rossotrudnichestvo for study Philology and Russian language in Russia in 2016.
In the academic year 2016/2017 Iceland has been provided with one state scholarship (Russian language courses or bachelor program) for foreign citizens and stateless persons including compatriots abroad for study Philology (speciality code 45.00.00) in Russia.
The list of courses and universities and information could be found at website http://www.russia-edu.ru. Every applicant may choose up to six universities (but no more than two in the same federal district of the Russian Federation, including Moscow and Saint-Petersburg.
An applicant should submit to the Embassy of the Russian Federation in the Republic of Iceland no later than May 30, 2016.
The documents filled out in Russian, or translated into Russian language and certified by a notary should be:
- application form with code and full title of the chosen speciality according to the List of Higher Professional Education Specialities Codes (45.00.00 Philology) and one colour photo;
- passport copy; its validity should be no less than 1,5 year after the first entrance in Russia;
- copies of certificates of education (Higher Secondary School Certificate) with lists of studied subjects and examination marks annexed. Students of secondary schools and gymnasiums in the last year of study should submit certificate with scholar marks obtained in the last semester of studies;
- copy of medical certificate by an official body of public health of the home country confirming that there are no medical objections against studying in the Russian Federation;
- copy of medical certificate of overall health condition;
- copy of certificate about passing an AIDS test by an official body of public health of the home country;
- copy of document with the results of the qualifying tests (if it will be held).
Admitted foreign citizens will be provided with the following:
- university students are granted scholarship (during all the period of education, not depending on the marks) and accommodation in a student dormitory on the same conditions as for Russian students.
Icelandic citizens have the right for federal scholarships for studying at preparatory departments or preparatory faculties of educational institutions where they will get training in the Russian language sufficient for taking a common professional education program in Russian. The preparatory course is one academic year. It is not included into the overall term for study at common professional education programs. The Ministry of Education and Science of Russia is competent in allocating students to preparatory departments or faculties.
Travel expenses are covered by an applicant. An applicant must be in possession of health insurance policy.
For additional information contact to the Russian Embassy in Iceland:
Attache of the Russian Embassy in Iceland